COVID-19: Essential information
Get your business ready to receive government backed discounts from today
Eat Out to Help Out Scheme: How it works
Last week Rishi Sunak set out a raft of measures to continue to support small businesses, particularly those in the hospitality sector. One of those measures was the Eat Out to Help Out Scheme and in this short blog we explain everything you need to know about it and how to register.
What is it?
The scheme is intended to encourage people to eat at or order in from restaurants. It can be used every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 3rd-31st August and restaurants can offer a 50% discount on all food and non-alcoholic drinks up to £10 per person.
Who is eligible?
You can register if:
- You sell food for immediate consumption on your premises
- You have an area where diners can eat in
- You were registered as a food business with your local authority before 7th July.
Please note you cannot apply if you only offer takeaway food or drinks, if you run a hotel that provides room service only or you own mobile food van. See the full list of exemptions here.
How do I register?
- To register you need the following:
- Your Government Gateway ID and password
- The name and address of each establishment
- UK bank account number and sort code
- The address for your business bank account
Registration opens today (13th July 2020) and you can only offer discounts from 3rd August. You can claim reimbursements from 7th August and the service with close on 30th September.
For more information click here, or feel free to reach out to one of our friendly agents if you have any questions.
If you are a current customer and are not yet open for business again, please get in touch.